Trends for the Topham on Friday
The Randox Health Topham Handicap Chase on Friday 5th April 16:05 at Aintree is run over 2m 5f on the Grand National Course.
12 YEAR STATISTICS
- Age – 9 of the last 12 winners were aged between 8 and 11, but the other 3 bucked the trend completely 1 was 5 and 2 were 6.
- Starting Price – Bad race for fancied horses, 11 of the last 12 had a staring price between 7/1 and 25/1 and only 1 was favourite at the off.
- Last Time Out – None of the last 12 winners won on their last run before the Topham Chase, 11 of the last 12 winners ran within 29 days.
- Weight – 9 of the last 12 winners carried between 10st and 11st 1lb.
- Previous Course Form – 8 of the 12 winners had at least 1 previous run at Aintree, 5 of them had at least 1 previous win at Aintree.
- Distance Form – 10 of the last 12 winners had at least 4 previous runs over between 2m 3f and 2m 5f, 8 of them had at least 1 previous win the trip.
- Chase Form – 9 of the last 12 winners had at least 14 previous chase runs, 11 of the last 12 winners had at least 1 previous chase win.
- Official Rating – 11 of the last 12 winners were rated 130 or higher.
- Current Season Form – 11 of the 12 winners had at least 4 runs that season, but only 3 winners had at least 1 win that season.
As usual plenty of the runners tick plenty of boxes but I am plumping for FLYING ANGEL at 20/1 who I will be backing each way, he is nicely dropping down the weights to a very workable handicap mark.
Have fun playing with the statistics, no doubt you will come to a different conclusion and that is exactly how it should be.
Premium Tip Members – Remember we will have tips for ALL the races from Aintree not just the ones ITV are showing.
Yours in racing