Trends for the Red Rum Chase
The most competitive handicap at Aintree on Thursday 4th April is the Close Brothers Red Rum Handicap Chase on the Mildmay Course, run over 2 miles they have 12 fences to negotiate.
12 YEAR STATISTICS
- Age – 10 of the last 12 winners were aged between 6 and 9.
- Starting Price – 9 of the last 12 went off at a SP of between 8/1 and 33/1.
- Weight – 10 of the last 12 winners carried between 10st 2lbs and 11st 8lbs.
- Last Run – Just 1 of the last 12 winners won on their previous run before, 10 of the last 12 winners ran within the last 33 days.
- Course Form – 9 of the last 12 winners had at least 1 previous run at Aintree.
- Distance Form – 10 of the last 12 winners had at least 2 previous wins over 15-17 furlongs.
- Chase Form – All 12 winners had at least 1 previous chase win.
- Official Rating – 11 of the last 12 winners were rated 130 or higher.
- Current Season – 11 of the last 12 winners had at least 5 runs in the current season, 9 of them had at least 1 win that season.
After looking though the card several tick plenty of boxes but the stand out for me is LADY BUTTONS at 9/1 who I will be backing each way.
Have fun playing with the statistics, no doubt you will come to a different conclusion and that is exactly how it should be.
Premium Tip Members – From Thursday to Saturday we will have tips for ALL the races from Aintree not just the ones ITV are showing.
Yours in racing