Sandown Saturday 6th July 15:35pmCoral-Eclipse (Group 1) Age: 3yo+ Distance: One mile 2 furlongsWeights
– 8st 11lbs (3yo), 9st 7lbs (4yo+), 3lbs allowance for fillies and mares
First run in 1886 and named after Eclipse a famous 18th Century racehorse. The inaugural running at the time was Britain's richest ever race with £10.000 in prize money. The race generally attracts a top quality field with a number of Classic winners having won over the years the most recent being the 2015 Derby winner Golden Horn who followed up here.The leading jockey to date with seven wins has been the great Lester Piggot between 1951 and 1977.Two trainers have saddled six winners of the race: Alex Taylor Jr. between 1909 and 1923 and more recently Sir Michael Stoute between 1993 and 2017.
12 Year Statistics
– All of the last twelve winners have been aged between three and five
split evenly four of each three years old, four years old and five years old..
– Eleven of the last twelve winners returned a SP of 8/1 or less
– Nine of the last twelve winners finished in the first three last time,
only four of them had won. Eleven of the last twelve winners had run within the last 35 days
– Just five of the last twelve winners had a previous run at Sandown. Four of those five had won at Sandown
– Nine of the last twelve winners had won at least once over one mile two furlongs.
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least three previous wins
– Ten of the last twelve winners had an official rating of between 118 and 126.
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least one run in the current season
and eight of them had won at least once in the season.[section label=”Paid Tips LO” class=”loggedOut” padding=”0px”][row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTipsNon”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]
[title text=”Leading Contenders and Keith's Tip” tag_name=”h1″]
This content is exclusive to VIP Club Members who also get access to the Daily Premium Tip, Bonus Tips and Tips for all races televised by ITV and ITV4.
If you are not already a VIP Club member. Access is FREE via a bookmaker or sign up for just £4.95 monthly.
[/col][/row][/section][section label=”Paid Tips” class=”paidTips” padding=”0px”][row style=”collapse”][col span__sm=”12″][title text=”Leading Contenders” tag_name=”h1″][/col][/row]
[row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTips”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]ENABLE 1/1
– Everything there is to say has been said about this wonderful mare who has won ten of her eleven races including two Arcs and a Breeders Cup Turf. The lack of a recent run is not a concern. The only negative is that she has never won over this distance.MAGICAL 11/2
– Has been enjoying a fabulous season with three wins ant around this trip in Ireland including the Group 1 Tattersals gold cup. Second at Royal Ascot last time on unsuitable going. Was also second behind ENABLE in the Breeders Cup. .CIRCUS MAXIMUS 6/1
– Won the Dee Stakes at Chester over this trip before finishing sixth in the Derby. Dropped back in trip to a mile when winning at Royal Ascot.TELECASTER 14/1
– Won the Dante at York before finishing last in the Derby. Return to this trip will suit.
It is difficult to oppose ENABLE and If this race was over a mile and a half I would be all over her but its not and even though she has speed may find things difficult against the proven ten furlong horse MAGICAL 11/2
who is my choice for the race.[/col][/row][/section]yours in racing Keith
[section label=”Email Opt In”][scroll_to title=”Get a password” bullet=”false”][row][col span__sm=”12″]* All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.Our tips are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+
[xyz-ips snippet=”Is-The-User-Logged-In”] [/col][/row][/section]