Newmarket Saturday 13th July 16:40pmDarley July Cup Stakes (Group 1) Age: 3yo+ Distance: Six Furlongs
– 9 st 0 lb (3yo) 9 st 6 lb (4yo+)
Allowances – 3 lb for fillies and mares
First run in 1876. Queen Victoria bred the winner of the first two runnings at her Hampton Court Stud, that horse was Springfield.The leading jockey to date with ten wins has been the great Lester Piggot between 1957 and 1992.Two trainers share the title of winning most trainer having saddled five winners apiece, Charles Morton between 1903 and 1914 and Vincent O'Brien betwwen 1973 and 1990, four of O'Brien's winners were ridden by Piggot.
12 Year Statistics
– All of the last twelve winners have been aged between three and five, six 3yo, 4 4yo and two 5yo.
– Ten of the last twelve winners returned a SP of 8/1 or less
– Eight of the last twelve winners finished in the first four last time,
only five of them had won. Eleven of the last twelve winners had run within the last 26 days
– Eight of the last twelve winners had a previous run at Newmarket. Four of them had won at Newmarket.
– All of the last twelve winners had run at least twice over one six furlongs
and ten of them at won at the trip at least once
– All of the last twelve winners had at least two previous wins
– Ten of the last twelve winners had an official rating of at least 110.
Group Race Form
– Ten of the last twelve winners had won at lease one Group 1 or Group 2 race.
– All of the last twelve winners had at least one run in the current season
and eight of them had won at least once in the season.[section label=”Paid Tips LO” class=”loggedOut” padding=”0px”][row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTipsNon”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]
[title text=”Leading Contenders and Keith's Tip” tag_name=”h1″]
This content is exclusive to VIP Club Members who also get access to the Daily Premium Tip, Bonus Tips and Tips for all races televised by ITV and ITV4.
If you are not already a VIP Club member. Access is FREE via a bookmaker or sign up for just £4.95 monthly.
[/col][/row][/section][section label=”Paid Tips” class=”paidTips” padding=”0px”][row style=”collapse”][col span__sm=”12″][title text=”Leading Contenders” tag_name=”h1″][/col][/row]
[row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTips”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]ADVERTISE 3/1
– Course and distance winner who won at this meeting last year. Stayed on well to take the Commonwealth Cup at Royal Ascot last time and is the one to beat.DREAM OF DREAMS 7/2
– Listed winner who was second behind the impressive Blue Point in the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot, entitled to be involved again.CAPE BYRON 5/1
– Classy handicapper. Won the Wokingham at Royal Ascot. Entitled to a crack at this level but likely to fine one or two too good.BRANDO 9/1
– French Group 1 winner in 2017 but hasn't been running to that sort of form of late and likely to struggle.
Not the strongest of renewals and ADVERTISE 3/1
looks the one to be on and it is difficult to see where the dangers lie. DREAM OF DREAMS is a tentative choice for the forecast.[/col][/row][/section]yours in racing Keith
[section label=”Email Opt In”][scroll_to title=”Get a password” bullet=”false”][row][col span__sm=”12″]* All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.Our tips are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+
[xyz-ips snippet=”Is-The-User-Logged-In”] [/col][/row][/section]