Newmarket Saturday 29th June 15:15pm Randox Health Criterion Stakes (Group 3) Age: 3yo+ Distance: Seven furlongsWeights
– 8st 10lbs (3yo), 9st 5lbs (4yo+), (3lbs allowance for fillies & mares)
– 7lbs for Group 1 winners, 5lbs for Group 2 winners, 3lbs for Group 3 winners (Since last August 31st)
First run in 1978 it is contested on the July Course at Newmarket. During the eighties the race was known as the Van Geest Stakes. Originally a Listed event it was promoted to Group 3 status in 1986.The leading jockey to date with three wins has been Richard Hughes with Trade Fair (2003), Libranno (2012) and Producer (2013).Two trainers have saddled four winners of the race;Richard Hannon Sr. – Rock City (1990), Libranno (2011, 2012), Producer (2013).
John Gosden – Toussaud (1992), Hill Hopper (1994), Racer Forever (2008), Gregorian (2014)
12 Year Statistics
– Ten of the last twelve winners have been aged between four and six.
– Eight of the last twelve winners returned a SP of 6/1 or less.
– Nine of the last twelve winners have carried at least 9st 3lb.
– Ten of the last twelve winners finished fourth or worse last time,
only one of them had won. Nine of the last twelve winners had run within the last 35 days.
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had a previous run at Newmarket
– Ten of the last twelve winners had won at the trip at least once over seven furlongs
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least two previous wins
– All of the last twelve winners had an official rating of between 105 and 114.
– All of the last twelve winners had at least one run in the current season
.[section label=”Paid Tips LO” class=”loggedOut” padding=”0px”][row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTipsNon”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]
[title text=”Leading Contenders and Keith's Tip” tag_name=”h1″]
This content is exclusive to VIP Club Members who also get access to the Daily Premium Tip, Bonus Tips and Tips for all races televised by ITV and ITV4.
If you are not already a VIP Club member. Access is FREE via a bookmaker or sign up for just £4.95 monthly.
[/col][/row][/section][section label=”Paid Tips” class=”paidTips” padding=”0px”][row style=”collapse”][col span__sm=”12″][title text=”Leading Contenders” tag_name=”h1″][/col][/row]
[row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTips”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]GLORIOUS JOURNEY 3/1
– Won a French Group 3 over a mile last season. Outpaced at six furlongs last time and may find this seven furlongs a bit on the sharp side too.LIMATO 3/1
– Course and distance Group 2 winner last season. Has run credibly over shorter twice since. Will appreciate the return to seven furlongs. At seven he is older than ideal.SUDOIS 9/2
– Despite a string of good efforts he hasn't won since 2017 and its hard to see that altering in this.TABARRAK 5/1
– Listed winner. Fourth in this last year. Likely to find one or two too good again.CARDSHARP 6/1
– Beat Royal Navy Flag over six furlongs here at two in a Group 2. Has been very busy this season running eight times and winning twice. Finished down the field over a mile last week at Royal Ascot in the Royal Hunt Cup on unsuitable going. A big run is expected in what should be ideal conditions as the ground dries out.
Mark Johnston is not one for wasting entries and despite clocking up a few miles this term it looks like he has found the ideal opportunity for CARDSHARP 6/1 each way
to gain some more black type Royal Ascot hero Frankie Dettori has been booked to take the ride.[/col][/row][/section]yours in racing Keith
[section label=”Email Opt In”][scroll_to title=”Get a password” bullet=”false”][row][col span__sm=”12″]* All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.Our tips are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+
[xyz-ips snippet=”Is-The-User-Logged-In”] [/col][/row][/section]