Haydock Saturday 8th June 3:25pmBetway John Of Gaunt Stakes (Group 3) Age: 4yo+ Distance: Seven furlongsWeights
– 9st 0lbs, (3lb allowance for fillies and mares)
– 7lbs for Group 1 winners, 5lbs for Group 2 winners, 3lbs for Group 3 winners (Since August 31st)
Named after John of Gaunt, the 1st Duke of Lancaster, who lived in the 14th century. It was formerly open to horses aged three or older. The minimum age was raised to four in 1998,Since 1986 the leading jockey has been Ryan Moore with three wins including MAIN AIM who won back to back renewals in 2009 and 2010.John Gosden is the winning most trainer since 1986 with four wins the most recent came in 2005.
12 Year Statistics
– Nine of the last twelve winners have been aged four or five.
– Nine of the last twelve winners returned a SP of 6/1 or less .
– Seven of the last twelve winners finished in the first three last time,
only three of them had won. All of the last twelve winners had run within the last 35 days.
– Nine of the last twelve winners had not raced at Haydock before..
– All of the last twelve winners had run over seven furlongs at least three times
and eleven of them had won at the trip at least once
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least two previous wins
– All of the last twelve winners had an official rating of between 107 and 117.
– All of the last twelve winners had at least one run in the current season
.[section label=”Paid Tips LO” class=”loggedOut” padding=”0px”][row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTipsNon”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]
[title text=”Leading Contenders and Keith's Tip” tag_name=”h1″]
This content is exclusive to VIP Club Members who also get access to the Daily Premium Tip, Bonus Tips and Tips for all races televised by ITV and ITV4.
If you are not already a VIP Club member. Access is FREE via a bookmaker or sign up for just £4.95 monthly.
[/col][/row][/section][section label=”Paid Tips” class=”paidTips” padding=”0px”][row style=”collapse”][col span__sm=”12″][title text=”Leading Contenders” tag_name=”h1″][/col][/row]
[row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTips”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]SIR DANCEALOT 7/2
– Triple Group race winner last season the last being mid-August so escapes a penalty. Not disgraced over a mile last time in the Group 1 Lochinge but that really stretched his stamina. Return to seven furlongs is a big plus.SAFE VOYAGE 7/2
– Lifetime best winning a Listed race over course and distance last time. This is tougher.MANKIB 11/2
– Behind SAFE VOYAGE last time but gets a 3lb pull at the weights. Should reverse the placings with that one in this.BRETON ROCK 7/1
– Has been a good servant to connections over the year winning a couple of Group 2 races but he is not the force he once was and hasn't won since August 2017.
The safe option is SIR DANCEALOT 7/2
who has by far the best recent form on offer and will be suited by the conditions.[/col][/row][/section]yours in racing Keith
[section label=”Email Opt In”][scroll_to title=”Get a password” bullet=”false”][row][col span__sm=”12″]* All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.Our tips are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+
[xyz-ips snippet=”Is-The-User-Logged-In”] [/col][/row][/section]