Newmarket Saturday 27th July 15:40pmKing George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Group 1) Age: 3yo+ Distance: One Mile Four Furlongs
– 8st 10lb (3yo), 9st 7lb (4yo+)Allowances
– 3lb for fillies and mares, 4lb for Southern Hemisphere 4yo
This is without a doubt the most prestigious open age flat race in Great Britain.First run in 1951. The race is an amalamation of two other races the King George VI Stakes which was run over 2 miles and the Queen Elizabeth Stakes which had been run over 1 mile and 4 furlongs. The race was the brainchild of Major John Crocker Bulteel, the Clerk of the Course at Ascot, whose aim was to create an important international race over 1½ miles for horses aged three or older.The leading jockey to date with seven wins has been the great Lester Piggot between 1965 and 1984.Sir Michael Stoute has the honour of being the winningmost trainer with six wins starting in 1981 with the great SHERGAR, the latest was in 2018.Only two horses have won the race twice they are DALIA (1973 and 1974) and SWAIN (1997 AND 1998).
12 Year Statistics
– Eleven of the last twelve winners have been aged either three or four.
– Ten of the last twelve winners returned a SP of 6/1 or less
– Eight of the last twelve winners won last time out. Eleven of the last twelve winners had run within the last 50 days
– Eight of the last twelve winners had a previous run at Ascot. Four of them had won at Ascot.
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had run at least once over one mile four furlongs
and all eleven had won at the trip
– All of the last twelve winners had at least two previous wins
– Ten of the last twelve winners had an official rating of between 118 and 126.
Group Race Form
– All of the last twelve winners had won at least one Group 1 or Group 2 race.
– All of the last twelve winners had at least two runs in the current season
and nine of them had won at least once in the season.[section label=”Paid Tips LO” class=”loggedOut” padding=”0px”][row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTipsNon”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]
[title text=”Leading Contenders and Keith's Tip” tag_name=”h1″]
This content is exclusive to VIP Club Members who also get access to the Daily Premium Tip, Bonus Tips and Tips for all races televised by ITV and ITV4.
If you are not already a VIP Club member. Access is FREE via a bookmaker or sign up for just £4.95 monthly.
[/col][/row][/section][section label=”Paid Tips” class=”paidTips” padding=”0px”][row style=”collapse”][col span__sm=”12″][title text=”Leading Contenders” tag_name=”h1″][/col][/row]
[row v_align=”middle” class=”premiumTips”][col span=”12″ span__sm=”12″]ENABLE 8/13
– The Queen the Queen of British Flat racing she has done it all. Winner of 11 of her 12 races including as a three year old the English and Irish Oaks this race and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. Then in 2018 she won her second Arc and the Breeders Cup Turf. Then this year she has just had the one run taking the Coral Eclipse over 1m 2f at Sandown.CRYSTAL OCEAN 3/1
– Better than ever this term winning three from three including the Group 1 Prince Of Wales Stakes at Royal Ascot.ANTHONY VAN DYKE 8/1
– Derby winner who stays very well, beaten by tactics when second in the Irish equivilant should have been nearer the pace, gets a nice weight for age allowance.DEFOE 14/1
– Winner of the Coronation Stakes at Epsom and the Hardwicke at Royal Ascot entitles him to be in this quality lineup but there may be a couple too good here.
My heart says ENABLE and I will be jumping for joy if she wins but the value option and my selection for the race is ANTHONY VAN DYKE 8/1 each way
, maturing all the time and cheek pieces applied to help him concentrate.[/col][/row][/section]yours in racing Keith
[section label=”Email Opt In”][scroll_to title=”Get a password” bullet=”false”][row][col span__sm=”12″]* All odds are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.Our tips are fully researched and provided in good faith but no profits are guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly, you should only ever gamble with money you can afford to lose. Visit our responsible gambling guidelines for more information. 18+
[xyz-ips snippet=”Is-The-User-Logged-In”] [/col][/row][/section]