1000 Guineas Tips
FREE professional horse racing tips for the 1000 Guineas 2020.
When is the 1000 Guineas in 2020?
Please note the day and/or time of this race has been changed for 2020
Newmarket Saturday 7th June 2020 at 3.35pm
1000 Guineas (Group 1)
Age: 3yo only,
History of the 1000 Guineas
Inaugurated in 1814, the 1000 Guineas stakes is named, like the 2000 Guineas, after the prize purse for winning the Group 1 race. Now the prize fund has been equal to that of the 2000 Guineas, at £500,000. It's another 1 mile race, this time for 3 year old fillies, and forms part of the Fillies Triple Crown.
For the leading trainer and leading Jockey we have to travel back to the 1800's when George Fordham clocked 7 wins as jockey, and Robert Robson's trained horses won 9 times. Aidan O'Brien is the leading trainer of recent years, having 5 winners in 15 years, including last year's Hermosa.
Horses who run in the 1000 Guineas are often entered into the Epsom Oaks. 2016 was the last time that there was a dual winner, in Minding, who won both the 1000 Guineas and the Epsom Oaks.
1000 Guineas Trends and Statistics
Here are the 1000 Guineas 12 year Trends and Statistics:
- Age – This race is restricted to three-year-olds
- Sex – Fillies only.
- Country – Seven of the last twelve winners were bred in Ireland, two in Great Britain, two in the USA and one in France.
- Colour – Six of the last twelve winners were bay (b) and there have been two winners each chestnut (ch), grey (gr) and grey/roan (gr/ro).
- Starting Price – Winners in the last twelve years have come from all parts of the betting market from 11/10 to 66/1. While six of those winners were 9/1 or less the other five were over 14/1.
- Starting Price Rank – Just three favourites have won in the last twelve years but seven winners came from the first four in the betting.
- Headgear – None of the last twelve winners wore any headgear.
- Draw – Nine of the last twelve winners were drawn between stalls 2 and 8.
- Days Since Last Run – Eight of the last twelve winners had run between 7 and 31 days ago.
- Last Run Form – Six of the last twelve winner won last time out and ten of them had finished in the first three.
- Course Form – Eight of the last twelve winners had at least one previous run at Newmarket and five of them had won at the course.
- Distance Form – Nine of the last twelve winners had at least one previous run over 1 mile. Four of those eight had at least 1 win over 1 mile.
- Flat Form – Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least three previous runs, All twelve winners had at least one win.
- Official Rating – Ten of the eleven winners with an official rating had a rating between 99 and 120.
- Group Wins – Eight of the last twelve winners had won at least one Group race, five of them had won a Group 1.
- Current Season Form – Eight of the last twelve winners had at least one in the current season, Just one of them had at least one previous win that season
1000 Guineas Fun Facts
Scroll through our gallery of fun facts associated with 1000 Guineas, including fastest time, most runners, least runners, longest odds winner shortest odd winner and widest winning margin!
Recent Winners of The 1000 Guineas
The runners in the 1000 Guineas
Qipco 1,000 Guineas runners and riders 7th June 2020
1 Boomer (Richard Kingscote), drawn 7
2 Cloak Of Spirits (Andrea Atzeni), drawn 5
3 Final Song (Pat Cosgrave), drawn 2
4 Graceful Magic (Charles Bishop), drawn 9
5 Les Hogues (Cieren Fallon), drawn 3
6 Love (Ryan Moore), drawn 14
7 Millisle (Oisin Murphy), drawn 11
8 Quadrilateral (Jason Watson), drawn 6
9 Raffle Prize (Mickael Barzalona), drawn 13
10 Romsey (Tom Marquand), drawn 8
11 Rose Of Kildare (Joe Fanning), drawn 10
12 Shimmering (Frankie Dettori), drawn 1
13 Summer Romance (William Buick), drawn 4
14 Under The Stars (PJ McDonald), drawn 12
15 Yes Always (Ben Curtis), drawn 15
What's Keith's 1000 Guineas Tips for 2020
Roger Charlton is very bullish about his unbeaten filly QUADRILATTERAL who is the current favourite but I am going to take her on with the Jessica Harrington trained MILLISLE 5/1.
MILLISLE kept on well to win the Cheveley Park Stakes in September and should be even better this year stepped up in trip.
Who is your 1000 Guineas Tipster?
Keith Bond is our resident pro tipster here at FRT Towers. Keith lives and breathes horse racing, having begun his love of horse racing over 40 years ago with a part time job at Catterick Racecourse, as one of three fourteen year-olds looking after two jumps and a hurdle.
Over the years, Keith has been a regular at the northern tracks attending countless race meetings and building up a network of contacts, and a portfolio of systems and strategies.
He was one of the co-founders of Free Racing Tips all the way back in 2008, and his free tips are now backed by more than seventy thousand FRT members every single day.
“Thanks Keith – It’s great to be part of an amazing group of people all after the same thing, passing on tips to beat the bookies”
Colin Parkinson, Harrow.
The FRT community love Keith’s attention to detail, knowledge of past races, and ability to pick horses...
“You offer some great tips, some fantastic outsiders tipped up as well. Most tipsters just put up favourites. Well done and keep up the good work”
John Woolley, Stockport
What did Keith Tip in the 2019 1000 Guineas?
This is what Keith said about the 1000 Guineas in 2019 :
IRIDESSA 1000 Guineas 15:35 Newmarket – Won the fillies mile over course and distance in September, decent return at Leopardstown when 3rd on soft, this quicker going will suit her better and victory here will set her up for the Oaks.
Quipco 1000 Guineas Results 2019
Here's the results of the 1000 Guineas in 2019:
1st Hermosa (14/1)
2nd Lady Kaya (11/1)
3rd Qabala (7/2F)
Keith's 2019 tip IRIDESSA ran badly in this race, however the promise Keith saw was repaid as she clocked up 3 group 1 races in that season including the Breeders Cup.