Newmarket July Festival
Three top class days of racing come from Newmarket this week with the July Meeting getting underway. We’ll see plenty of horses from Royal Ascot lock horns again and it’ll be a superb three days.
To mix it up we'll be sharing the racecards for every race at the festival from our sister site Form Ratings.
If you want to know exactly what the headers mean check out this page.
To briefly summarize the main points:
- The LR scores are ratings for how well a horse has performed in previous races.
- The "Spd" is a speed rating.
- The HRS represents how well a horse has run in race scenarios most similar to the one it is in taking into account factors such as; the jockey, the trainer, distance, when last run etc.
- FRN stands for “Form Ratings Number” and is the main rating. It takes into account the most factors which are are all weighted to give the strongest overall rating.
bet365 Superlative Stakes
- Market leader is "Quorto (IRE)"
bet365 Bunbury Cup Handicap
- Wide open race - take your pick!
- Each-Way or dutching are probably best for this card.
Darley July Cup Stakes
- 2nd rated "Blue Point (IRE)" is the market leader in this one.
- If you don't fancy Blue Point to win plenty of options for EW or Dutching.
Rossdales British EBF
- Not a racecard to read too much into with incomplete data.
bet365 Mile Handicap
- Top Rated "Ibraz" is the market leader in this one.
- Top LR "Curiosity (IRE)" also looks likely.
Spa At Bedford Lodge Hotel British EBF Fillies' Handicap
- Top Rated "Perfection" is strongly supported to win this one.
Saeed Suhail Saeed Handicap
- No clear favourite in this race - tough one to call.
- Top LR "Sporting Times" could be in the mix.