Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase 2020 - 12 Year Statistics - 12 Year Statistics
Cheltenham Wednesday 11th March 4.10pm
Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase (Class 2) (5yo+)
Distance: 3 Miles 6 furlongs
Weights – 11st 4lb
The fifth race on day two is the popular Cross Country Chase, held on the cross-country course in the centre of Cheltenham racecourse. The trip is three miles and six furlongs, and they have to negotiate 32 various obstacles. This race was a handicap until 2015 when it was changed to a conditions race and we are starting to see higher rated horses and top trainers such as Willie Mullins and Phillip Hobbs are now targeting the race.
12 YEAR STATISTICS
Here are Cheltenham Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase Trends and Statistics
– Eleven of the last twelve winners have been aged between eight and ten
– Nine of the last twelve winners returned at between 5/4 and 13/2 but only two of them started favourite.
– Just four of the last twelve winners won on their last run before Cheltenham. Ten of the last twelve winners ran within the last 95 days
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least one previous run at Cheltenham
, seven of them had at least one previous win at Cheltenham.
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least one previous run over 3m 6f
, four of them had at least 1 win over 3m 6f.
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least seven runs over hurdles and at least one win over hurdles
– Ten of the last twelve winners had at least eleven previous chase runs, all 12 had at least 1 previous chase win
– Ten of the last twelve winners had a rating of 135 or higher.
– Nine of the last twelve winners had at least three runs in the current season, seven of them had at least one win in the current season.
Cheltenham Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase – LEADING CONTENDERS
Expected to change as more data becomes available.
Cheltenham Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase – TIPS
Will be posted here when more data becomes available
Cheltenham Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase – 2019
FRT Tipster Keith advised:
TIGER ROLL who won this last year before going on to win the Grand National is expected to defend his crown and is the anti-post favourite. My preference though is JOSIES ORDERS a regular in races of this type, he won the 2016 renewal and has in total clocked up 4 wins in 7 runs over these fences.
My Selection JOSIES ORDERS 10/1 each way
Result: 1st TIGER ROLL, 2ND JOSIES ORDERS
Cheltenham Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase – PREVIOUS WINNERS
2008 Garde Champetre
9 10–13 Nina Carberry Enda Bolger
2009 Garde Champetre
10 11–12 Nina Carberry Enda Bolger
2010 A New Story
12 09-07 Adrian Heskin Michael Hourigan
2011 Sizing Australia
9 10-09 Andrew Lynch Henry De Bromhead
2012 Balthazar King
8 10-09 Richard Johnson Philip Hobbs
2013 Big Shu
8 10-05 Barry Cash Peter Maher
2014 Balthazar King
10 11–12 Richard Johnson Philip Hobbs
2015 Rivage d’Or
10 10-10 Davy Russell Tony Martin
2016 Josies Orders
8 11-04 Nina Carberry Enda Bolger
2017 Cause of Causes
9 11-04 Jamie Codd Gordon Elliott
2018 Tiger Roll
8 11-04 Keith Donoghue Gordon Elliott
2019 Tiger Roll
9 11-04 Keith Donoghue Gordon Elliott
FREE TIPS BY EMAIL
FRT VIP CLUB