Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase 2020 - 12 Year Statistics
Cheltenham Tuesday 10th March 4.50pm
Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase (Listed) (5yo+)
2 miles 4½ furlongs
The penultimate race on day one is the Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase, which is open to horses aged five years old and older and is run on the old course at Cheltenham over a distance of two miles and four and a half furlongs. There are 16 fences to be negotiated.
The runners in this are generally unexposed and as this race is limited to horses rated 145 or less and there are a lot of entries, it’s always an extremely tight handicap with only a few pounds separating top weight and bottom weight.
12 YEAR STATISTICS
Here are Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase Trends and Statistics
– Ten of the last twelve winners were aged between five and seven
– Just two winning favourites in the last twelve runnings. Eleven of the last twelve winners were returned at odds between 13/2 and 16/1
– Ten of the last twelve winners carried between 10st 11lbs and 11st 8lbs.
– Six of the last twelve winners won last time out. Ten of the last twelve winners finished in the first three last time
. All of the last twelve winners had their last run between 17 and 60 days ago
– Ten of the last twelve winners had at least one previous run at Cheltenham
, just 2 had a previous win at Cheltenham.
– Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least 1 run over between 2m 3f and 2m 5f.
Seven of them had won at least once of the distance.
– All of the last twelve winners had at least three previous chase runs
. Nine of them had at least one previous chase win.
– Ten of the last twelve winners were rated between 135 and 142.
– All of the last twelve winners had at least 3 runs that season. Nine of them had at least 1 win that season.
Cheltenham Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase – LEADING CONTENDERS
Expected to change as more data becomes available.
Cheltenham Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase – TIPS
Will be posted here when more data becomes available
Cheltenham Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase – 2019
FRT Tipster Keith advised:
“This is another race where we are only speculating what the line up will be but there is an anti-post market which includes GLEN FORSA, CLONDAW CASTLE, TALKISCHEAP and ANY SECOND NOW at its head.
My selection for the race is CLONDAW CASTLE 14/1 each way who was impressive when winning a small field novice at Leicester in January a performance which had Cheltenham contender written all over it.
Result: CLONDAW CASTLE 14/1 each way
Cheltenham Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase – PREVIOUS WINNERS
2008 Finger Onthe Pulse
7 10-12 Barry Geraghty Tom Taaffe
5 10-11 Timmy Murphy Paul Nicholls
2010 Copper Bleu
8 11-01 Richard Johnson Philip Hobbs
7 11-04 Graham Lee Ferdy Murphy
2012 Hunt Ball
7 12-00 Nick Scholfield Keiran Burke
2013 Rajdhani Express
6 11-12 Sam Waley-Cohen[a] Nicky Henderson
2014 Present View
6 11-07 Brendan Powell jnr Jamie Snowden
2015 Irish Cavalier
6 11-07 Paul Townend Rebecca Curtis
9 11-10 Brian Hughes Ian Williams
2017 Tully East
7 11-08 Denis O’Regan Alan Fleming
2018 Mister Whitaker
6 11-02 Brian Hughes Mick Channon
2019 A Plus Tard
5 11-07 Rachael Blackmore Henry de Bromhead
FREE TIPS BY EMAIL
FRT VIP CLUB