Cheltenham Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020 - 12 Year Statistics - 12 Year Statistics
Ballymore Novices Hurdle (Grade 1) (4yo+)
Distance: 2 Miles 5 Furlongs
Weights – 10st 12lb (4yo), 11st 7lb (5yo+), 7lb allowance for fillies and mares
The first race on Ladies Day is the Ballymore Novice Hurdle, formally known as the Neptune Hurdle. It is a grade one race and open to horses aged four years old and older, run on the old course over a distance of about two miles and five furlongs putting the emphasis more on stamina than in the Supreme on Tuesday. There are ten hurdles to be negotiated.
Winners of the race have been known to dominate the hurdling ranks for years to come.
Recent winners include The New One in 2013 and Faugheen in 2014, who went on to win the Champion Hurdle the following year. Irish trained runners have won seven of the last twelve renewals, with four of them being trained by Willie Mullins.
12 YEAR STATISTICS
Here are Cheltenham Ballymore Novice Hurdle Trends and Statistics
- Age – Nine of the last twelve winners were aged six and the other three were aged five.
- Starting Price – Eleven of the last twelve winners returned at 8/1 or less. Just four went off as favourite.
- Last Run – All of the last twelve winners ran within the last 74 days. Ten of the last twelve winners won last time out.
- Course Form – Just two of the last twelve winners had previously run at Cheltenham. Only one of them had a previous win at Cheltenham.
- Distance Form – Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least one run over 2m 3f – 2m 5f and at least one win over 2m 3f – 2m 5f.
- Hurdle Form – Eleven of the last twelve winners had at least two runs over hurdles. Ten of them had won at least twice over hurdles.
- Official Rating – Ten of the last twelve winners were rated between 146 and 156.
- Graded Wins – Eight of the last twelve winners had won at Grade 3 or higher.
- Season Form – Ten of the last twelve had run at least times in the current season. All twelve had recorded at least one win during the season.
Cheltenham Ballymore Novice Hurdle – LEADING CONTENDERS
Expected to change as more data becomes available.
Cheltenham Ballymore Novice Hurdle – TIPS
Will be posted here when more data becomes available
Cheltenham Ballymore Novice Hurdle – 2019
FRT Tipster Keith advised: The two to concentrate on in the anti-post market are CHAMP trained by Nicky Henderson and BATTLEOVERDOYEN trained by Gordon Elliott both have been very progressive over hurdles and both have Grade 1 winning form, my slight preference is for CHAMP who is higher in the official ratings. My selection for the race is CHAMP 4/1. RESULT – 2ND
Cheltenham Ballymore Novice Hurdle – PREVIOUS WINNERS
- 2008 Fiveforthree 6 Ruby Walsh Willie Mullins
- 2009 Mikael d’Haguenet 5 Ruby Walsh Willie Mullins
- 2010 Peddlers Cross 5 Jason Maguire Donald McCain, Jr.
- 2011 First Lieutenant 6 Davy Russell Mouse Morris
- 2012 Simonsig 6 Barry Geraghty Nicky Henderson
- 2013 The New One 5 Sam Twiston-Davies Nigel Twiston-Davies
- 2014 Faugheen 6 Ruby Walsh Willie Mullins
- 2015 Windsor Park 6 Davy Russell Dermot Weld
- 2016 Yorkhill 6 Ruby Walsh Willie Mullins
- 2017 Willoughby Court 6 David Bass Ben Pauling
- 2018 Samcro 6 Jack Kennedy Gordon Elliott
- 2019 City Island 6 Mark Walsh Martin Brassil
- Cheltenham Festival Day 1 Champion Day Tips
- Cheltenham Festival Day 2 Ladies Day Tips
- Cheltenham Festival Day 3 – St Patrick’s Day Tips
- Cheltenham Festival Day 4 – Gold Cup Day Tips